Indonesia Demersal Association (ADI) was established on 5 March 2019, to include all of the actors in the sustainable demersal fisheries business and facilitate an improvement program through a national snapper-grouper FIP in Indonesia.
To become an excellent organization in the development of marine and fisheries sectors, especially for demersal fisheries that are sustainable and environmentally friendly
- To become MMAF partner in the sustainable demersal fisheries management and participating in the decision making process related demersal fishery policies.
- To accommodate and deliver members aspirations and interests in improving demersal fisheries.
- To improve compliance with national and international regulations
- To provide data and information that can be used by the Government to improve sustainable demersal fisheries management
- To increase cooperation and coordination with other organizations/stakeholders
- To promote sustainable demersal fisheries
- To recognize the equality of bargaining positions among business partners
- Collect and manage biological and socioeconomic data
- Accommodate and channel the aspirations of members in environmentally friendly businesses
- Provide guidance and training in implementing good practices and sustainable principles for demersal fishery management
- Help develop business in local and international networks
- Encourage and support mutually beneficial business partnerships between fishing companies (upstream) and fish processors (downstream)
- Bridge relationships among members, government representatives, and other stakeholders
- Assist the government in increasing business investment in environmentally friendly practices for demersal fisheries
- Become a role model for sustainable and responsible fisheries
- Help resolve local and international issues in demersal fisheries
- Provide up-to-date information on regulations that apply both nationally and internationally
- Achieve sustainable labeling/certification for Association members
- Assist members in developing National Snapper and Grouper Fisheries Improvement Project (FIP) and Other demersal FIPs, if needed
- Obtain recognition for participation of Association members in FIPs